As Putin and Russia attack Ukraine, I confront some uncomfortable truths about power, patriotism, and my own identity as a Ukrainian-American immigrant. A tour-de-force. Truly one of the best episodes of The McFuture – and on this subject. Not to be missed. You can watch it on YouTube with all the visuals and graphics.
If you enjoy this, please support the show on Patreon & get tons of member exclusives! Brand new member-only episode goes up shortly!
Also please give a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts. Really helps with visibility.
In This Episode:
- 00:14 Fresh From The USSR
- 02:24 Bonding With Ukraine
- 04:12 Isn’t Russia vs. Ukraine Basically A Domestic Dispute?
- 09:48 WHY? What Does Putin Want?
- 13:11 The Game Of NATO, Deterrence & Incitement
- 17:33 Why NOW?
- 25:01 How Russia Prepared, As Germany Self-Destructed
- 27:58 The Worst Negotiators On Earth
- 31:43 American Apathy
- 32:51 What Do We Do? Strategies For Containing Putin
- 37:11 The One Decent New Idea
- 38:08 Why Financial Restrictions Are A Landmine
- 40:01 …And Isolationism Is A Nuke
- 45:58 The Real Solution Is…
- 46:16 American Abandonment
- 48:05 The Multipolar Bear Eats Values First
- 53:23 POWER & Its Only Counterbalance
- 58:12 Leverage
- 59:24 Masculinity
- 01:06:33 Patriotism
- 01:10:59 The Disinformation We Need
- 01:13:15 The Future (Near, Medium & Long-Term)
- 01:17:22 Crypto & Decentralization